Accelerate the PCB Design Cycle with PADS Advanced Library Capabilities
On-demand Web Seminar
A successful PCB design starts with your library. You can’t afford to spend hours in library development and management!
In this webinar we'll explain PADS library methodology. New and included with the VX release are an IPC-standard starter library, a land pattern creator, a central library, and library management utilities.
With the VX release, you’ll start your design faster and have better quality at completion. Let us show you how.
What You Will Learn
- How to eliminate library part creation using new PADS starter libraries
- How to manage library data quickly and easily
- How to create new parts in one-fifth of the time
About the Presenter
Jim is the product marketing manager for the PADS products. He has worked with electrical design tools for more than 20 years, with roles including PCB design, customer support, and application engineering. Jim has a BS of Marketing degree from Alfred University, in Alfred, NY, and continued education in electrical engineering and design.
Who Should Attend
- Electrical Engineers
- PCB Designers
- Engineering Managers
- CAD Managers
- CAD Librarians
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.